We are looking for a secure compliance associate who loves to use their skill to fight climate change!
Carbon Equity is building the leading climate investment platform. We believe that everybody should have the option to use their capital to fight climate change. This is why we made it our personal mission to open up the world of private market investing to a new generation of investors who want to make an impact!
Carbon Equity is the world’s first platform for Alternative Climate Investments. Through the Carbon Equity platform, we offer small-ticket access to the world’s leading climate investment funds. We focus on multiple asset classes including venture capital and private equity. Carbon Equity offers you the opportunity to maximize the climate impact of your investible savings. Meanwhile, you get to invest alongside the world’s best climate investors, benefit from venture-type returns whilst mitigating financial risk through a high degree of diversification. You basically can have your cake 🍰 and it eat it too.Our mission Carbon Equity is building the leading climate investment platform. We believe that everybody should have the option to use their capital to fight climate change. This is why we made it our personal mission to open up the world of private market investing to a new generation of investors who want to make an impact!
Why we need you:
Offering investment products to first-time private market investors comes with great responsibility. It means we need to take good care of the capital people entrust us with. We also need to ensure that we pursue our mission within the boundaries of the regulated financial world. As we scale to ever larger numbers of investors, keeping a keen eye on the regulatory guardrails is vital to our success.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will work together with our Head of Investments & Operations Lara Koole to further devise our regulatory strategy, write the relevant policies required by the AFM, and engage with our legal and administrative advisors. Further, you will be responsible for the customer due diligence (CDD) process to onboard all investors in our climate funds. We also need your help to go through onboarding with the global top-tier climate funds that we will invest in through our platform.
While being compliant is our highest priority, you will also keep a continuous critical eye on what is truly needed to provide the optimal customer experience. You will support our drive to use technology to improve and automate where we can to enable us to keep accelerating the growth of investors on our platform.
This means you will
- Be responsible for our investor onboarding and customer due diligence process;
- Own the creation of a next-generation digital onboarding workflow within the boundaries of the regulatory requirements;
- Engage with successful entrepreneurs, next-gen family-offices and mission-driven individuals looking to make a difference with their capital;
- Execute the KYC onboarding process for private equity and venture capital funds across the globe that Carbon Equity will invest in;
- Assist with and take part in projects related to for example SFDR, GDPR, DAC6, PEP, FATCA & CRS;
- Assist our head of investments and operations to devise the optimal regulatory strategy, write policies and ensuring compliance across the company;
- Work with our legal advisors and potential regulatory license partners to acquire a full AIFMD license.
You need these qualifications
- You have at least 3 years of experience in KYC/AML compliance and/or financial services;
- You are familiar with customer due diligence requirements in a financially regulated environment;
- You are entrepreneurial and you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment;
- You are passionate about sustainability and solving the climate crisis;
- You are deeply, personally excited about what we’re creating at Carbon Equity;
- Ability to work at our office in Amsterdam at least 3 times a week.
- You speak English fluently.
- Experience with SFDR regulation and alternative investment funds would be considered a plus.
What is in store for you
- Let’s be honest, joining a startup in our early-stage has pros and cons. The con is that you have to figure out a lot of shit yourself, you will not seamlessly fit into a well-oiled machine. You kind of have to build the machine yourself. That then of course is the big pro. You get to build the machine yourself 🧰🛠️. Now that is impact. The impact you will have in building a super early-stage startup will never be greater. You get to join all internal and external discussions, you get to learn by doing and you get to set the rules and build the groundwork for a future Unicorn 🦄 or Zebra 🦓 or … well you get to decide just how successful we will be and how much impact we will have.
Our selection procedure explained
Apply by filling in the form below. You will receive an email that will ask you to send:
- Your resume
- Your motivation
- References of earlier relevant roles
When you are invited, we will first have an informal chat to introduce Carbon Equity, the vacancy and get to know you.
During the selection procedure (of maximum two rounds), our communication will be transparent, fast and straightforward. We might ask you to finish a case or provide advice on a current business challenge. This will be communicated beforehand.